Pages

Fort Bragg

Last night we had dinner with the Coopers, a couple of friends of ours from Germany. Brice and Missy met us at the Texas Roadhouse downtown. I'd never been to that restaurant before (I had filet mignon) and it was pretty good. They finally got to meet Lily and we had a very nice visit.

Brice is going to Fort Bragg for a year after the Career Course so he can complete the Q Course for Special Forces. We just found out this week that we will also be stationed at Fort Bragg. (not my first choice, I wanted Carson, but friends make Bragg all that much better) Jake is going to 4th Brigade of the 82nd Airborne Division. Looks like we will be heading to North Carolina in August/September. 4th Brigade just got back from a deployment to Afgahnistan so they will probably not deploy again till mid to late 2009. Looks like Jake will get to be around for Lily's first Christmas and Birthday after all.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara!
Sounds like you're getting used to the idea of Fort Bragg. Anywhere you go will still be a whole day's trip from family in CA. Thank goodness for for modern technology!
It hasn't been so long we've had cell phones, home computers, digital cameras, etc. Actually it's mostly developed in your lifetime!
I enjoyed the photo of Lily on her tummy sleeping! I recognize those sheets :)! Yes, you and I shared many naps in my bed, too. Hugs and kisses to the three of you.
Love you, Gramma.
P.S. Tomorrow's Saturday, wanna go shopping?

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - I would love to be in NC. You have to visit Ashville and the Outerbanks while you are there. We're going to Fort Bliss - El Paso here we come:) Wasn't even on our top 5 but that is how things happen.