Pages

Two Month Well-Baby Exam

Lily and I just got back from her two month well-baby... so we were a week late... that's actually pretty good for being seen at a military facility!

The shots weren't too bad. She was asleep when we went in, I had to wake her to give her the oral rotavirus (which they say is sweet) and then she started to fall back asleep on the table. That didn't last long! A tandem shot in each leg and a second shot in her left leg and it was over. She startled and by the time she started to cry I was picking her up to cuddle her, where she fell back asleep on my shoulder. I'm sure she figures she just had a bad dream.

Lily weighs 12lbs 13oz and measures 23.5 inches tall. Her head is 16inches around. Which places her in the 90th percentile for weight and head size and 75th percentile for height, according to this doctor. My baby book says she's in the 90th percentile for all three. But as she is a solely breastfed baby, I am really not too surprised. Her percentile should drop off between three and 12 months.

So in answer to the question that everyone has been asking... Yes, she is a little on the big side!



Edit: (24 May) I just realized this means my child really should be fitting into the 6 month size clothes! Whew, I was just a little concerned, lol.

No comments: