Pages

Molly

I don't know who she knows named Molly, but when I gave Lil her new doll and asked her what we should call her, Lily said her name is Molly.

I finished her during Lily's afternoon nap and surprised her when she got up, though she had been watching me make her for the past few days, asking at least a dozen times a day if this dolly was for her. Yes, Lily.  Be patient, Lily.
She has purple hair as per L's request. And button jointed hips, shoulders, knees and elbows.
You can see her double layered skirt in this pic.  Lil got to pick fabric from my scraps pile, with a little guidance, of course!

And I think she loves her.
I still haven't mastered that turkey neck.  Guess I better make another one.

She told me, very solemn like, "Mama, she's bea-u-tiful."

2 comments:

Gramma V said...

I sure hope Molly gets to make the rode trip to Papa and Gramma's house! We can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Mia. Sara made me a doll, too, one Christmas. She has pink hair, and is named Anna!