Pages

I Think It's Over

...or at least the end is near.

Lily didn't ask to nurse once today.

We've been down to once or twice a day since just after Jacob left, so about three months now.  And there were a couple of days, back when she was really sick and congested, when trying to latch would just make her angry.  I thought that might have been the end of it then.

But she proved me wrong and went right back to asking, usually first thing in the morning and sometimes for comforting.

Today she didn't need either.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Maybe Lily weened herself.

In the back of my mind, I think I was leaning toward 24 months anyway... so 21 months is not too shabby.

1 comment:

Julie Danielle said...

That is awesome!

I did 17 months with Daniel but only 9 months with Drew and wish I could have nursed him longer. I think a goal for #3 would be 18 months and see what happens.