Pages

Shots

I finally bit the bullet and took Lil and myself in to get our seasonal and H1N1 influenza shots. (we were sick before the holidays so we couldn't get them then, and then we were gone six weeks)

She's quite mad at me. And her thigh aches, and so does my arm. Interestingly enough, those are our season shot sites.

Here's hoping I didn't over do it getting both in one day. Or that we don't get the aches the way we hear so many people do.

Other moms of little ones, did you get two does of the either vaccine for your kids? They told us to come back in 30 days, but I'd hate to put her through it again if I didn't really need to.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Beth said...

If it's her first time getting her seasonal flu shot, she has to go back a second time. BUT it's only this year. For whatever reason, their first time getting the flu shot they need the shot and then like a follow-up booster. But every year from here on out she'll just have to get the one shot.

Not sure about the H1N1 though.

Oh, and if you don't get her the second one this year, and this is her first time getting it, she'll have to get both again next year if you get her vaccinated again.

Linda said...

I got the seasonal booster for Sam but they were out of the H1N1 so I ahve to go back for that. I will though becuase he's in a risk group and I just don't want to take the chance.

Anonymous said...

I have the flu shot for meg - and the first dose of h1n1 for both. We're getting the 2nd dose next week - they need both doses to be fully vaccinated. My sis is a nurse, and pregnant, and said she would not hesitate to give her kids the shots.