Pages

Honda Odyssey

My criteria for our new vehicle was that it seat eight... no I am not having six kids, but I would like to be able to go somewhere with another mom... and it be relatively easy to get in/out of the back seat.  So we went with the Honda Odyssey.  Consumer Reports rated it really well for safety and it was one of the easiest to get in and out of the third row when I was checking them out.

We ended up getting the navigation system and the rear entertainment system.  The Nav is really intuitive and even has voice controls.  I push a button on the steering wheel, and can tell the car to do anything from turn up the A/C to changing the radio station to entering a destination.  It even has blue tooth!  And the RES is nice in that it comes with headphones so that Lily can be watching a DVD and I can be listening to a CD... but that is only in theory so far.  Her head isn't quite big enough to keep the headphones in place, and rather than have her screaming for me to fix it every five seconds I listen to Cars (or whatever) in the background.  Or we both listen to the CD, because sometimes it is mommy's turn!  You can't watch the DVD on the Nav screen in the Honda, the way you can in the Town and Country when it is in park, but what are ya gonna do?

I have no complaints about the way it drives. And I LOVE being able to open both slideing doors and the rear hatch while walking up to the car with two cranky kiddos and a cart full of groceries!

1 comment:

Julie Danielle said...

Nice!

I have such van envy. Hoping to get one in a few years. I have heard good things about the Honda and Sienna.