Pages

Winter Blues

I was making dinner this evening, as it was getting dark at 5:something, waiting for my husband to get home.  I was thinking about what a bummer it is to leave the house in the dark and not get home again until it is dark.  I know quite a few people who run into that unfortunate timing in the winter. 

But it also turned my thoughts to those who are REALLY affected by the change of the season; those with "winter blues" (so quaint) or seasonal affective disorder.   People with SAD suffer with symptoms of depression to varying degrees. I am fortunate enough to not suffer from SAD, but I know and love people who do. 

I don't have an answer, and I think it sucks. And I just want them to know that I am thinking of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out. :) This winter hasn't been so bad for me since Jeff bought me this: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HF3480-Wake-up-Light/dp/B002CGSYPS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1290172229&sr=8-4

I HIGHLY reccomend it for anyone else you know with SAD! I really think it makes the difference between Crazy All Winter Linda and Sane, Almost Like Summer Linda. And as anyone who's ever lived with me can tell you, that's a big difference. :D

xoxo
Linda