Pages

Temper, Temper

I have these darling little ice cream cups I got in a tiny shop in Germany. You know, the kind of thing that I’ll never be able to replace?

They are the perfect size for Lily to hold in her hand. I’ve never hesitated to let Lily use them for her Cheerios or snacks. She’s even really good with our everyday stoneware.

However, today when I told Lil she couldn’t have any more fish crackers (she’s been eating all. day. long.) she threw one of my darling little cups in my general direction.

IMG_6342

It hit the floor… and made me sad.

Guess we’ll be using plastic bowls for a while.

6 comments:

Gramma Vera said...

Sorry, Sara!

Beth said...

Our boys lash out by hitting when they get frustrated like that. Okay, Deacon hits. Zeke scrunches up his face and whines. Good times all around.

Also, I can't wait to see Lily as a teen. :)

Ells said...

They are super cute dishes - I love it that you were using them and she was careful up til now, though! great job not leaving your favorites on the shelf. I know it's hard when the favorites break.

Aunt Awesome said...

Oh, sad! Sounds like a frustrating time for Mommy and Lily. Maybe Lily would like to decorate a paper/styrofoam bowl of her own with some stickers and markers? While away an afternoon? Then she could have her own special bowl to eat out of and take care of, getting a sense of how it all works. (You can tell me if that's an annoying suggestion. I'm currently frustrated by my sons' lack of ability to do crafts. We're sooooo close! I want to color something with someone!)

xoxo
Linda

Aunt Awesome said...

Also, could you make a mosaic with the pieces of the ice cream bowl? It would make a lovely wall hanging for Lily's room, or a nice hot plate.

I'm stopping now, really.

xoxo

Mia said...

Hey don't worry! My Nina loves crafts!!!