Pages

Torn

I'm of two minds.

On the one hand, I try not to buy every child product out there on the market... just because they tell you that you need it. We never bought a highchair, we never needed a bedside-cosleeper or a bassinet. Lily doesn't have a plastic fisher-price house or climbing structure in the backyard. We try to make do with a little bit less, putting her crib or the pack-n-play in our room for the first few months, using the infant seat or booster seat at the table during feeding time, playing on the park structures or pretending with sheets and chairs.

But sometimes its really nice to have that new-fangled and highly touted thingamajig. The bumbo is fun, and we loved our jungle bouncer. Sometimes those things just make life easier. Lil could be upright to play while I made dinner, before she could sit by herself or get around on her own.

Well, I've found a new stroller that I think I want but I'm not sure which category it falls into... the frivolous or the handy. And I'm hoping you'll weigh in on the decision.

You see, I am considering buying a sit and stand stroller.

While Amy and I were out shopping with the kids and only one stroller we discovered it'd have been nice to speed things up a bit if one of them didn't have to walk. And stop. And check things out. And turn the wrong way. You get the picture. And then I started thinking about going out with my two and trying to keep Lil on track. (I checked into it and the sit and stand I am looking at fits our infant seat.)

So I am torn. Is it just another thing, and is it wasteful when I could just use our current stroller for new baby and chase after the Lilster? Or would it be super convenient and totally useful?

8 comments:

Beth said...

I like it. I've thought about them too. Is it possible to just by the standing part and attach it to the stroller you already have?

Ells said...

Hey thanks!!!

I have zero advice about baby stuff... will just keep reading your blog and saving up the knowledge for when it becomes applicable to me. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a similar one, but my back seat has a seat attachment, or you take it off and it is just the sitting portion with no back. Anyway, the kids are 22 months apart and it was a god send! I could not have survived without it.

Gramma V. said...

It looks like it could be helpful if you have an older child who will stay on the step. You probably will still have to chase after Leelers when she doesn't want to ride and gets on and off!
Are there different colors? That yellow will look awfully dirty after a few outings.

Sara said...

I've never just seen the standing part... it wouldn't fit behind the basket w/o getting in the way of the handle anyway.

There is a small "jump seat" where a toddler could rest if standing was too exhausting. ;) You can hardly see it in that picture, but there is no back to the seat like Kelly talks about. What brand do you have Kel?

Man Mom, you're a bummer, the yellow is so much fun! ;) There is yellow, purple, green and black. http://www.joovy.com/online_store/doublestrollers.php

Anonymous said...

I got mine at a baby store in KY - but they have them online at onestepahead.com, just search double stroller - again I love mine. And I've beat the heck out of it using it every day for 2 mile walks with Roxy, and walks to the park, and Meg's fascination with crawling in and out. We don't use the seat for Wes much anymore, he usually walks, but it is great that he can sit down if he wants, or if Meg wants more room she can catch a quick nap with the seat in.

Linda said...

Obviously I only have one right now but I think that with Jacob deploying sometimes and you having to wrangle two kids on your own a bunch, anything that helps makes outings easier seems like a good idea to me. (Longest sentence EVER!) Plus, you could tell Lil that this is her chariot! How fun would that be?! Add a superheo cape and blammo! you're set for adventure.

Anonymous said...

I ask: Why NOT get the stroller you want? Frivolous How? If EVERYONE is comfortable, yet contained.... makes for a less stressful trip, wherever it is you're traveling. And if you CAN, then why NOT?