Pages

Bowling, Crafting and a Quiet House

What a combination.

Jacob left this morning. My house is quiet tonight.

I went bowling with some of the other FRG leaders in our BN last night... a team building exercise. We were all supposed to wear crazy hats and silly socks. See below:


Then we gave each other silly names on the scoreboard. Did you see my funky hat above? I got to be called Dora. ;)

And check out what Dora did:


I believe that is called a turkey! It was very exciting... I couldn't hardly believe it! And then this happened:


I can tell you right now, that was the best bowling game of my life. And I doubt I'll ever be able to repeat it.



In CraftyLand, I am going to a baby shower tomorrow. But I just learned about the shower yesterday, so I made this little critter this afternoon:


He's about eight inches long and as I was stuffing him I adding a few little jingle bells so he rattles sweetly. Lily gave him a test run for me and heartily approves.


And now that Lil is in her bigger car seat (did I tell you we got her a convertible car seat?) she gets irritated by the straps on her neck so I whipped out these velcroed strap covers this evening. I love being crafty. Recently Linda, dubbed me the Craft Maven and I have enthusiastically embraced the title. Though she's pretty darn crafty herself! Linda if you are out there... I'd like to commission a roll for my dpns.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I am impressed on all fronts...the bowling, the rattle, the HAT! You never cease to amaze, Lady.

Anonymous said...

Yep - I'm just happy when I shower every two days:)

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post? I am so behind on blogs, I should be ashamed.

I love the velcros strap covers! I might have to make me some of them! How did you make the caterpillar up above? I would love to make a few of those for some expectant bloggy friends.

And I will totally make you a DPN roll as long as you assure me that your needles are standard size, not all goofy like Beth's. She tells me your fav color is brown? Email me at jbondsgirl@yahoo.com and we will talk swatches. ("Hello, Diane! Take a look at these swatches!" Name that movie.)

xo
Linda