Pages

Cream of Potato Soup

I just hosted a coffee, for those of you out there who know of what I speak. At least it was fairly small. Just nine ladies hanging out at my house.

I made cream of potato soup for dinner tonight. Mmmmm, comfort food. It's easy and it's always a hit when I make it so I thought I'd share:

2 cups beef consumé (or broth/stock)
three or four med-big potatoes peeled and cubed
1/2tsp dried dill
- boil until potatoes are tender
- puree potatoes and liquid, return to pot
add 1 cup light cream (or heavy cream, or half and half, whatever makes you happy)
Salt and pepper to taste.

I served it with a lovely garlic sour dough bread. You can of course serve with bacon bits or cheese or sour cream too!

1 comment:

Ells said...

Sounds delicious!!! I'll have to try that one on my husband. :)