Pages

Whew!

So we left off with Josh jinxing us, saying we should just reschedule our flight for the next day again. We were getting ready to load up the car to take us to the airport, when we checked our flight status one more time... only to find that our flight was now delayed from 11:20 until 1:00. With the intention of keeping Beth and the boys out of the weather we asked Josh to take us to the airport before he had to head in to work at 1:00. So we got to the airport just before noon and found a place to camp out.

Then we were delayed until 1:30.

Then we were delayed until 2:00.

Then we were delayed until 3:00.

We started boarding about 3:30 and made our way over to Dallas. Arriving at 4:35, we had already missed our connecting flight at 2:35. So the agent we spoke to re-booked us on the 4:30 flight that was delayed until 5:30 (but really didn't take off until 6:30). With all the melee, I couldn't resist adding to the fun by asking the agent if the flight was full, and if there was any possibility of taking the infant seat on board with us. She took my boarding pass and sent me away to get something to eat while she worked on it.

Sure enough, by some grace or magic, she was able to get the seat next to mine open! Getting on the plane was a little tricky; me and the baby, and our carry-on, and the backpack, and the infant seat. But once we got settled, I sat Lele in her seat and strapped her in and the blessed child fell right to sleep... and slept. She slept from before take off until I moved her seat to de-board the plane at 9:45! I have never been so comfortable on a flight! I put the backpack under the seat in front of Lil so I had plenty of room for my feet. Heck I could even cross my legs. And with out having to juggle the kiddo the whole time I was able to even close my eyes and take a little nap.

Anyway, once in Raleigh, we made our way to the meeting place for the park and ride, got to our car and drove home without any other excitement.

Whew!

2 comments:

Ells said...

so glad you made it home safe and sound! What an adventure! :) It was fun to follow your updates of the trip and see those adorable pictures of Lil with the boys.

Beth said...

Oh yay for Lily sleeping the whole second flight. I'm sorry it was so crazy getting you out of here, but we had such a great time with you guys. Even if you did somehow manage to trick the weather into being weird so you could stay an extra day. :)

I hope you are recovering from your time here nicely.