Pages

We made it!

We're in the loving hands of the Walters and enjoying ourselves!

The snow was ridiculous on the way to the Raleigh airport! If you know anything about my travel anxiety you know I was not happy to hear that North Carolina was to be the focus of a one day snow storm... the day I was supposed to drive half way across the state! So I stressed, how early did I have to leave? How fast should I really be driving? Oh please, don't let some other idiot ruin my trip! No lie, I passed dozens of cars that had lost control and spun out or completely run off the road! And by the time I got to the park and ride I still had to worry about getting through security, etc. Thankfully there were no problems getting to our gate. We even managed to adopt a nice fellow who helped carry the infant seat since he was headed to Dallas with us. (Brett even bought us a bottle of water... he was on a business trip and charged it to the company along with his breakfast... weird but nice.) Then the delays began. Our flight that was supposed to take off at 11:35 got delayed until 11:55 and then 12:15 and then 1:00. We finally boarded at 1:30! I had initially cursed the three hour layover we were supposed to have in Dallas but boy was I grateful then. Lily was a good girl on the plane but only napped the last half hour. :( We landed at 4:35 and then we booked it through the terminal to our connecting flight scheduled for 4:55. Was that ever close! Another hour flight and we found ourselves in Lawton and who met us at the terminal but Beth and Zeke! Deacon and Josh were waiting for us back at the house. It is soooo good to see them!

At any rate I promised a few pics so these will have to tide you over until I can get more.














Here's Zeke and Deacon and Lily with Beth's Step-mom opening a new toy... looks like Christmas!













And here's Lil contemplating taking over Zeke's train set... look out.


Lily decided to steal Zeke's juice cup instead.

2 comments:

Ells said...

awwww, FUN!!!! nice that you had a helping hand in the airport and that everything worked out with flight times and safety! :)

Anonymous said...

Lily doesn't look too shy about being in a strange new place. I guess looking at pictures on the refrigerator really does help.

Your drive to the airport reminds of the trip we made to the Wrightwood cabin with Marianne and Hanne. Just us Mommies took you girls on a two hour drive in the pouring rain up the Cajon Pass and through the mountains. What an adventure we had: turning everything on at the cabin; building our own fire in the fireplace; going for walks in the rain/light snow; sharing hot cocoa; reading lots of books(you girls sure liked books!); knitting by the fire while you girls napped and played. It was the month before they moved back to Denmark and the pleasure was so bittersweet :(!
Praise God for good friends and good times!
Love, Mom