Pages

First Born

Meme again. I've been tagged on facebook a few times with this one, and Beth did it on her blog. I challenge my mom to make up some answers... since she claims she can't remember.

Here you go Moms (and everyone else reading this) - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about having your first born!

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes. Though we didn't really expect it to happen so quickly when we decided to start trying.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? :D
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? see answer 1
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 28
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? home pregnancy test, then the blood and urine tests at the clinic.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Um, Jacob, duh... and then I had a "coffee" that night, so pretty much the whole coffee group.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Uh, yeah!
9. DUE DATE? March 17th.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? for two weeks... week 13-week 15... just when I thought I was free and clear!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Pickles. Cliche, I know.
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Orange juice... I wanted it but as soon as I drank it I would get queasy
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? a girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Not at all. I always wanted my first to be a girl, but I was pretty sure I was having a boy because all my friends in Germany were having boys. It's in the water you know.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30/35 pounds or so.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yes, two... thank you Beth and Amanda. thank you Mom and Co. Well, maybe three... thank you Elyn and Amy W.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I developed HELLP Syndrome after delivery.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? St Joseph's Hospital in Stockton, CA
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Jacob
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Jacob, Mom, the doctor and the nurses. Dad would have been there but he had to go pick up my brother from baseball. As he was leaving he pouted, "I have to go now, so Lily'll come." and sure enough she was there 20 minutes later.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? (um... what's your definition of natural?) vaginal.
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Intrathecal anesthesia. Oh, and a pudendal block.
24. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Started induction at 9:00pm and delivered at 5:26pm so... 20 1/2 hours.
25. HOW MUCH DID THE BABY WEIGH? 7 pounds 15 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? March 12, 2008
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Lily Kaitlin White
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Lil'll be 11 months in three more days.

No comments: