Pages

A Girl Can Dream

I wish for an embroidery machine. You know... to fuel my craft addiction even more.

I was waiting for the Consumer Reports sewing and embroidery machine study to be published this month before I made any decisions. And wouldn't you know it, the highest rated dual machine is Swiss. Those Swiss are mechanical or something, they are amazing. Any-who, the Bernina (that's the brand) is sold at a sweet little fabric shop on the other side of Fayetteville. So Lil and I took a trip out today.

Only to find that the lovely Bernina comes with a lovely crazy impressive price tag! A starter machine, which is upgradable to embroidering status and the software to be able to make any graphic into an embroidery would run me about $4800!

You cannot see the disappointment on my face... but it is there.

I guess I'll go on wishing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Viking makes a model called the Rose. It's a few years old, not as current as what you've been looking at but you can find them on ebay for about $600, software and all. My mom got one when they were new and hers cost her about $2500. Hers does a fabulous job and adding new software is relatively inexpensive, depending on the program you buy. A few memory cards go a long way. Viking is a quality company, too, though not as naff as Bernina. :-) You might want to check ebay and see if maybe that dream is more possible there. Good luck and let me know what you find! There'll be no stopping you with an embroidery machine!

xo
Linda