Pages

My turn!


Okay! Okay, Sara! Just cause you know I have the day off of work today and can play around!

I guess, when I think about it there is alot to remember. Mostly, it was so much fun to be so young and in love with a family on the way. Our whole extended family was pretty excited about starting another generation!


1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? HECK NO! I thought I would finish college first.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes - 9 months.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Panic. I was afraid to tell Jim what I suspected.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Morning sickness and tender boobies made me suspect. I went to the Cal State campus clinic for confirming tests.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Jim, though I wasn't sure he'd be very happy. I needn't have worried. I could hear the big grin in his voice as he reassured me every thing would be alright. He knew something was bothering me and I finally told him IN THE DARK when we were in bed.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No.

9. DUE DATE? April 23rd.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, we were on vacation driving and camping in the Southwest. That's how Jim knew something was wrong cause I couldn't handle any of the fast foods we were trying to eat on the road. And then it got ugly trying to go to class when I felt sick all day. The poor janitors who found the trash buckets in all the empty classrooms I ducked into to be sick!

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Ice Cream! Another cliche, I know.

12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Coffee. It made it easy to give it up!

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? a girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Not at all.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 35-40 pounds or so. It's hard to know cause both Jim and I had already been getting fat off of our own cooking after we got married!

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, many. First grandbabies are spoiled on many fronts.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Sara had shoulder dystocia(her shoulder got stuck behind the pubic bone). The Dr. had to help her out with a finger under the armpit to pull her out. She did have some temporary paralysis of her left arm and a greenstick fracture to her collarbone but everything turned out okay, wouldn't you agree?

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Glendale, CA.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Jim(Sara, you forgot to tell how Jacob got pulled over by the CHP for speeding you to the Hospital!)

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Jim, the doctor and the nurses.

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? (um... what's your definition of natural?) vaginal with the doctors help(see #18)

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Demoral(sp?) and a local anesthetic shot in the birth canal.

24. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Started in wee hours of May 2 and delivered at 7:28 am on May 3rd, so... 28-30 hours.

25. HOW MUCH DID THE BABY WEIGH? 9 pounds 3 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? May 3, 1979 (ten days late!, didn't you wonder why she was so big!)

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Sara Elizabeth Headd

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 29! (30's just around the corner!)


Okay, people, it's your turn now! If you don't have a blog, you can always use the comments. we won't mind ;)

2 comments:

Gramma V said...

Thanks for the editing, Sara! ;)

Sara said...

I edited one word...
...how did you know?