Pages

23 Days

Today is the day Lily realized she couldn't find her Daddy. 23 days after he left.

We watched a video of him reading her a book a little while ago and then went to take a bath. You know, regular winding down the day stuff. When she got out of the bath and got dressed she started walking around the circle that is our living room, dining room, kitchen calling for him.

"Daddy? Daddy?

Daddy? Daddy?

Daddy? Daddy?"

I've told her daddy is at work, and that seems to be enough.

At least for tonight....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so hard:( Wes is taking NTC very hard - acting out, crying a lot, etc. Meg runs to Brian's truck every time we go somewhere, looking for Daddy. Not looking forward to him coming back for a short time, and then start it all over again!

I think you should leave all of your tummy pics up to see the differences:)

Beth said...

That is hard. I'll be praying a little extra for you now. Hopefully she's young enough still that she'll "forget" again for another 23 days or so. We love you guys.

Ells said...

Brought tears to my eyes, Sara. Praying for you as I read this.

Kelly, sorry your kids are taking it hard, too! Things have cooled off a little bit here - not so unbearably hot any more.

Jacob said...

I will have to make another video soon so she can see me more often. I am sad that she misses me but happy to know she hasn't forgotten me yet. She'll just have to play with her daddy doll if she wants to be with me. Love you guys, miss you to pieces.

Daddy and Hubby