Pages

Crafty is Just in My Genes

I never shared with you the birthday present my dad made for me, did I?

You see, my dad has made several bells over the years, out of empty gas cylinders. Many of them have been presents for other people and I have always thought they were neat and wanted one. Now, as you can imagine, they could be pretty large and quite heavy. Not exactly suitable for a life of moving around.

And they aren't just plain metal cylinders when he is done. He masks off patterns with tape and then spray paints them so that when the paint is dry and the tape is pealed away pretty grasses and flowers are left behind.

This year Dad surprised me and made a pair of bells out of smaller aluminum canisters. Sorry, I don't remember what they once held, so I can't share that bit of info. So I finally get my own bell(s) and they sound so lovely! Yay!


See... the craftiness is just in my genes!

2 comments:

Ells said...

WOW! That is an awesome craft. Skill. Hobby. Trying to find a manly word for making cool stuff... Does he sell them?

Beth said...

They are gorgeous! I love them. What a great dad you have. :)

I also LOVE the new look of your blog. Very cool.