Pages

A Present for Me

I bought myself a present.

I was at Joann's. Yes, again. But they didn't have the grommets I was looking for, so I had no use for my 40% off coupon. When it occurred to me to glance through the books. I would normally never buy a book at Joann's because they can be quite spendy... but 40%! Why had I never thought of this before?

As I was browsing I came across this:
Now, I don't do that much sewing. But I am fascinated by technique, as so I succumbed to the siren call of pattern creation, modification and tailoring. Did you know most patterns are made for a B cup figure?

Until now, I've always had to mess with fitting something over and over again... but not anymore! My current favorite page:
In case you can't read any of that it says Advanced Pattern Alteration: Bust with Large Cup. Not to mention the section on splicing two patterns together, or how to adjust the bunching of fabric that I always seem to get at the back of my waist with most dresses.

And the sections about tailoring are so cool! I've always hated unfinished seams....

Now if I just had a project in mind. :)

(I need another project like I need a hole in my head!)

No comments: