Pages

Time Out

We've been seeing a lot of time-outs these days.

Sometimes even within the first 20 minutes of waking up in the morning! Lily is intent on pushing all the boundaries and testing whether or not we mean what we say. The computer and the x-box are her current favorite testing grounds.

Though that doesn't stop her from being creative. Tonight, she wanted to scream screech at the dinner table. I told her it wasn't nice to screech at the dinner table, she could tell us if she was all done, but she couldn't screech and if she continued she would go on time out. (nothing unusual there) So she screeched, and I took her to her crib. Not a sound from her room. A minute later I go pick her up and not a moment after we walked out the bedroom door, she started at it again! I turned around and put her right back in her crib... little pill.

But she didn't do it again.

At least, not tonight.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Good times! We've been getting some testing here too. Sam's been throwing food on the floor to signal "all done" despite the fact that he KNOWS the all done sign. He stares me straight in the eyes while he does it. I'm convinced he likes to see me yell.

These kids, I tell you what. Parenting is not for sissies!

xo
Linda