Pages

Go Figure

I was at the thrift shop way back in April and picked up a book for $2.25 (figuring that was cheaper than anywhere but the library) that I thought would be nice to have on hand for when I really needed something to read. I brought it home and stashed it in the entryway closet with the diaper bag and my purse, on the shoe shelf. (Hey, I knew where it was!)

For whatever reason, in the back of my mind I thought it was a copy of The Poisonwood Bible. A book I've always thought I should read, since I saw it on my Aunt Amy's bookshelf back when I was in college.

Well today I saw The Poisonwood Bible on the living room bookshelf. So I wondered to myself... what could that book in the entryway closet be?

Do you remember back when I was sucked into The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane and couldn't put it down and listed a few other books I'd like to read? The Time Traveler's Wife was on that list.

Can you guess what book was in the entryway closet? The same book Aunt Helen recommended at the 4th of July party... The Time Traveler's Wife.

Glad I hadn't checked it out from the library yet... I'd have felt silly. (Okay, sillier.)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

The Time Travelers Wife is a great read...you will love it. I have not read Poisonwood Bible. I have started in a few times because like you I feel that I "should" read it but just never got into it.