Pages

August 31st

Saying goodbye is hard, even when you think you have it under control. Jake had to be in at 5:00 this morning but was able to come back and pick up Lil and I at 8:00 so we went to hang out with him at work until his manifest time at 10:00. We said our goodbye at the company building and avoided the big crowd. I teared enough as it was and didn't need to be with the blubbering crowd over where they were manifesting. Plus, then Jacob could be a little more composed and do his job instead of worrying about us. (or so I tell myself)

Rewind --- I was picking up toys in Lily's room last night and as I stood up something in my low, low back seized and would let go. I couldn't even stand up straight. I crawled to the living room, which had us both laughing so hard, and laid on the floor for the rest of the evening. (where I blogged to you from my iPhone) Jacob had to physically carry me to bed last night... I couldn't walk.

Needless to say I was worried about being able to move this morning, especially with Jacob deploying. But I was able to get out of bed and walking was tough but not impossible so we pushed through.

I had my appointment with the OB this afternoon. I took Lily to my friend Amy's. And the OB said that it sounded like joint pain where my pelvis joins my spine. He said I am more susceptible to it since I have already had one pregnancy, (good ol' elastine!) and that it should get better in about a week. Meanwhile... don't lift Lily as much as possible. And after that, be careful.

New Baby is just fine and dandy, or so I assume since no one said otherwise. ;) Nice heartbeat, if I do say so myself.

I went back over to Amy's to get Lily, where she totally spoiled and took care of me. We hung out and chatted. She gave Dawson and Lily a bath. (bending over is a bit hard for me right now) Lily borrowed some of Dawson's jammies even! She fed us dinner. ...I love her...

And then pulling into our driveway on our way home, I noticed a car pulling into the driveway behind me in the rear view mirror. We have new neighbors! I couldn't resist walking over to introduce ourselves. Nice young couple C, B and their little boy F. He looked to be about five or six months old. They said he's supposed to deploy soon too, so maybe we have new playmates. :) Now if you'll excuse me... I can't stop wondering if my new neighbors have something to sleep on so I have to go offer them my air mattress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sneezed and threw mine out while watching my friend's kids - 4 kids under 3 in my house for 3 hours after I sneezed. The side to side knee thing is amazing (evening while preggo) Let me know if you want me to talk tyou through a bunch of exercises since this is a constant problem for me:)

Sorry you had a tough day, glad you were able to spend it with friends and relaxed a bit.

Beth said...

I'm sad Jake is gone. I'll be praying for you all this deployment. I hope your back feels better very, very quickly. And if you need anything while he's gone, I will do what I can from here. Love you guys!